Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Day At The Beach


I know, I know...I've been really bad about keeping up with the blog lately.  OK, not just lately.  I'm hoping to catch up on things in the up coming months.  But before I start playing catch up, here's a glimpse of what we're doing right now.

Our friends, the Sporers are visiting from Germany.  Yesterday, we all hit the road for our first trip to the Texas seaside.  We'll be spending the next 4 days in Galveston.  It's not Ocean City or Santa Cruz, but there's sand, sun and surf and that's just about all a kid needs to have a good time.  I've got the pictures to prove it.

Jake & Lukas had a great time running as far into the waves as they dared.

Lila & Sophia followed the Big Brothers' lead - in a cautious 'Girl' way.

Lila can jump really high - especially to keep the waves from tickling her toes.

So the waves aren't that impressive and the sand is kind of dark and sticky, but when it comes to shell-gathering, this beach rocks!

The days seaside treasure haul on parade.  I'm sure there will be more booty added to this collection before the sun sets tonight.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

That is awesome that you are having a good time on the Texas beach. The kids are too cute!!!